Cover The Gray The Natural Way®
For Men and Women
Indigo hair dye like its cousin henna hair dye also comes from a variety of plants (dyer’s knotweed, woad etc). Indigo used with henna will turn hair many shades of brown or jet black. To get jet black it might require a two step process. You can get browns by mixing indigo and henna together (no lemons!), the more indigo you add the darker it will get. Our Indigo is 100% Natural.
There is no chemicals added to our Indigo what so ever. We all are around Indigo on a daily bases. It is in our jeans, our food we eat on a daily bases (food coloring) and many other fabrics. Indigo is a green color and smells like frozen vegetables. Some say frozen peas, some say spinach.
Our natural Indigo hair dye is easily mixed with water. Once mixed with water you will see blue start to appear at the top. The blue is a good sign you have good Indigo. Indigo hair dye is ready instantly. For best results, dye hair with henna first. It works on just about any hair.
If you have chemically died your hair in the last year or are not sure how it will turn out, make sure to do a strand test. Take hair from a brush or cut a small strand out. Indigo is a permanent hair dye and will not wash out! It will fade over time but it acts like a chemical hair dye without the chemicals!
Save Unmixed Indigo In a Zip Lock Baggy
Make sure to discard any leftover indigo powder. If you do not need to use all of the Indigo do not mix all of the Indigo! Sunlight and air can ruin Indigo over time so make sure you seal any leftover Indigo powder in a zip lock bag and store it in a dark location. Our Indigo and Henna is 2 ply air tight sealed for freshness and to keep sunlight out.
It takes up to 24 hours for hair to set in final color. After you remove the Indigo you maybe a bit blue, this is ok! By Morning it should be black and then a gorgeous jet black!
Always make sure to cover floor and clothes when applying henna. You will need a friend to help you.
Let’s go over some details:
• Indigo hair dye or powder is safe
• Indigo is easily mixed with water (comes with directions)
• Our Indigo is chemical free
• Always do a strand test on hair prior to dying hair
• Our Indigo is easily mixed with warm water
• Discard any unused "mixed" Indigo
• Store any unused henna in a air tight bag and store in dark place.
• Indigo works best if henna is applied first and removed
• Indigo takes up to 24 hours to change to final color
• Keep on hour no longer than 2 hours. Usually an hour is fine
• Never assume all Henna and Indigo is mixed the same!
• Always follow instructions that come with henna, not someone else’s! All packets are 100 grams (4oz)